Pulsation Dampeners Prevent Costly Damage
Plast-O-Matic Series PDS Pulsation Dampeners are a robust solution for combating the damaging effect of water hammer and pulsation. Water hammer and/or unwanted pulsation can cause serious problems and failures in any piping system, leading to costly downtime while repairs are made to piping system components, gauges, pumps and instrumentation. These failures will continue until the root cause is addressed and remedied.
How the Series PDS Works:
Pulsation Dampeners and Surge Suppressors will steady a pulsing flow caused by diaphragm pumps, piston pumps, peristaltic pumps and other quick flow interrupting equipment. When used properly, quick pulsating flows will be greatly reduced preventing a number of flow control problems. Pulsation dampening provides the added benefit of smoothing the output supplied by many types of pumps, especially double diaphragm pumps. The PDS will steady a vibrating pointer of a pressure gauge or flow meter under flowing conditions. This provides a steady, uninterrupted supply to points of use, which will greatly enhance system productivity, prolong pump life, and prevent splashing and foaming.
When used properly as an Arrestor, water hammer will be greatly reduced and prevent pipe vibration and leaking connections, damage to valves and filters, ruptured tanks and other equipment damage.
Series PDS dampeners are available in three capacities/sizes: 10 cubic inch capacity with a 1″ NPT process connection, 50 cubic inch capacity with a 2″ NPT process connection, and 180 cubic inch capacity with a 3″ NPT process connection. Body materials are a choice of Geon PVC, CPVC, Natural Polypropylene, or Kynar PVDF. Inlet screen and dome top match the selected body material. Bladder material is EPDM or FKM. Air inlet valve and gauge isolation valve (non-wetted) are brass. Fasteners are stainless steel.
For other material or connection requirements, please contact RHFS Customer Service at 800-848-1141.
Versatile Dampeners with Many Benefits
Series PDS Pulsation Dampeners provide six important functions:
- As a Dampener, they smooth pump flow
- As a Surge Suppressor, they absorb shocks and vibrations
- As a Water Hammer Arrestor, they eliminate dangerous pressure spikes caused by quick closing valves
- As an Inlet Stabilizer, they enhance pump performance and longevity
- As an Accumulator, they release stored fluid during unwanted pressure drops
- As an Expansion Tank, they protect systems from thermal volume increases
Series PDS Pulsation Dampeners also feature the following important design features:
- A large inlet to improve response
- Inlet screen to protect bladder with minimal flow obstruction
- Dual seal channels to protect against air and system leaks
- Top quality thermoplastics and elastomers resist chemical attack and protect system purity
- No wetted metal parts
- Up to 150 PSI working pressure (excluding pressure spikes)
Contact Ryan Herco Flow Solutions today and we can help you select and size a Plast-O-Matic Series PDS Pulsation Dampener for your application.